As an intern at Guild, you’ll be part of a passionate, knowledgeable team working to make a difference each day in the lives of individuals struggling with mental illness or long-term homelessness.
Our internships are unique. We partner with MSW programs at St. Thomas, St. Kate’s, the University of Minnesota, Augsburg, and St. Mary’s. From there, we provide undergraduate and graduate-level students an opportunity to complement their studies through real-world, career-related experience that meets the requirements of their academic program.
Benefits for Students
- Gain practical, hands-on work experience.
- Build marketable skills.
- Learn how a nonprofit runs.
- Establish professional contacts and relationships.
- Perform fulfilling work that transforms communities.
Benefits for Colleges and Universities
- Better serve students by matching academic courses to real-world needs.
- Connect with professionals in the field.
- Enhance the university’s image.
- Create relationships within the business community.
Benefits for Guild and Our Clients
- Strengthen connections between communities and academic programs.
- Develop future leaders in our field.
- Give future Guild managers the opportunity to build mentoring and management skills by supervising students.
- Gain from the fresh perspectives students bring.
If you are interested in pursuing an internship at Guild, you will first have to contact your MSW program. Your program will then work with you and refer you to Guild for an interview.